Today I visited my mother who is in a very bad way. She has suffered from Cancer for the past eight years.
We talked today and she said that if she new three months ago that she would feel this, she would have booked her ticket to Switzerland.
My question to you is do you agree in euthanasia?
Some people call it assisted suicide, where as others like to make it sound pretty my calling it death with dignity.
I have watched my mum go from a strong independent woman, to a frail woman, lying in pain unable to walk more than a few steps without collapsing.
I, as many others would agree will do anything for my mother. However I asked myself whether or not I would be able to assist my mother in ending her life. There is no doubt that she is in more pain than can be managed with drugs, and I would give anything to stop her hurt.
I would like to think I would have been strong enough to help my mum should she have asked me. But it would be the hardest decision I would ever make.
It is know too late to travel to Switzerland as my mother is too weak. So I have to watch her in pain for an indefinite amount of time.
Is this right?
All I know is that I cannot do anything to help my mum, and it kills me.
Friday, 12 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment